Okay........where to start.......
We are excited to finally be able to make the announcement about having another baby! No, I am not pregnant...yet.
On August 12th, Brett and I are heading to California to receive In-Vitro Fertilization...yes, you heard me correct, IVF. As many of you know, it took us 2.5 years to conceive our angel, Josie Claire. Not thinking too much about it, and not worrying either way....If we got pregnant, great. If not, great too. Well, finally, we fell pregnant with her. Had a fantastic pregnancy, and lost her at 41 weeks gestation in August '07. We have been trying for another baby since the month we lost her, knowing she would never be replaced, we just have always wanted 3 children. And we do have 3 children and always will, but here on earth with us. Being put on both oral fertility meds as well as injectable fertility meds took a huge strain on my body. In April this year, I had a Hystro-Sal-Pingogram (sp?) done and my doctor found that I had some endometriosis setting in in the uterine lining. For the second time around - the 1st was before I got pregnant with Payton (our first), and I had alot of scraping done in the uterus that they told me I would never hold a pregnancy, that my uterin lining was too thin. Well, I went on to have 3 children, and now it is back. So, either have surgery again and have my uterin lining scraped to the point of very possibly not holding a pregnancy, ever, or leave it and have it grow too much to hinder another pregnancy anyways. So, on the ball we got and decided that IVF was the way to go. In Canada, the wait time for this procedure is 1 year from your consultation, and your consult can take up to 3 months. We decided to look further and found a very well known specialist that offered to take us as his patients immediately in the United States - I thank the Lord. He started doing some tests on both Brett and I in June, and discovered that Brett's Sperm Analysis was 0% Motility!!!!!!! No wonder!!!!!!! So, he decides to check this not once, not twice, but three times. You guessed it, 0% Motility every single time!!! So, through the journey of IVF we go. Because of the motility problem, we have to do a procedure with the IVF called ICSI, in which they directly put the sperm into the egg with a needle.....the only way to get pregnant.
We are very excited to be able to have another chance at having another child, yet at the same time, still trying to greive for our daughter who would be turning one in just 2 weeks {sigh}:-(
So off we go, August 12th at 6:30 am from Regina, to sunny California to get ready for our egg retrieval on the 15th and the transfer on the 20th. We will make our journey home on August 22nd with everything crossed in hopes that it worked. We will definately keep everyone posted as to how everything is going!!! I promise!!!
For now, I pray to God.
Good-nite.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
hi kim! i just wanted to pop on and say hi! your blog looks great! i cant believe it is almost time to start your IVF journey!! it is funny, i will be in california for my sisters wedding at the same time you will be there. im sure we will be in different areas though!! i will be thinking of you while i am there and sending sticky pg vibes!
You will be in my prayers throughout your journey. I have Faith this will work for you.
P.S. I have been to Regina many times. My sister used to live in Moose jaw,years ago.
Post a Comment